Tuesday, June 25: Hebrews 1– Jesus, the radiance of God’s glory…

Having just finished reading Leviticus, Hebrews is a refreshing read. I am hopeful that OT and NT connections will blossom these next two weeks in Hebrews.
Hebrews brief description of Jesus, the Son, in verse 3 energized my heart and soul. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Rich in truth and rich in meditation points… The Son Jesus is
·         The radiance of God’s glory… for me this is a word-picture of majesty, wonder and brilliance; beyond human, beyond earthly… heavenly, divine.
·         The exact representation of his being… the Son is God.
·         Sustaining all things by his powerful word… Everything holds together in the Son. His power and presences holds all things, the world and everything in it, together.
·         Provided the purification for sin… The Son paid the price for our redemption.
·         Seated at the right hand of Majesty in heaven… now that His redemptive task is finished, the Son sits in the seat of power and majesty in heaven!
What an incredible picture of Jesus.
I just sat and pictured and meditated upon the Son Jesus… who He is and what He did for humankind!
What a glorious morning with the Lord…

Praise the name of Jesus! Praise the name of Jesus! He’s my rock. He’s my fortress, He’s my deliverer in Him will I trust! Praise the name of Jesus! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment