Tuesday, June 18: Leviticus 22– Giving God our best…

Do not bring anything with a defect, because it will not be accepted on your behalf (20).  God expects our best.
An offering of any animal that was less than perfect was unacceptable to God. A defective animal had little to no value. God said, “No, you can’t dump an offering of an animal on me that you really don’t want anyway.” God expects and God deserves our best…
We don’t offer animal sacrifices to God anymore.  However,  I do give God offerings. 
Time… in devotion, worship and service. Do I give God my best? Do I offer God the best time of my day for reading His word, reflecting and prayer? Is weekly worship a “best” offering to God or just something I squeeze into a busy day or weekend, or skip when I have better things to do? Times of service… Is my heart into it? Is my attitude reflective of the ‘best me’ or do I do these service things with a heart that is anywhere and everywhere else?
Finances/money… I realize one dollar is the same as any other monetarily, but my intentionality and heart about it can vary greatly. When I give, do I do so cheerfully? Do I give thoughtfully or look at what I have leftover after ‘important’ bills are paid and then give out of my leftovers?
And so my thoughts and meditations go this morning. Examining my life and asking myself, Do I give the Lord my best? Do you?
Lord, I pause before my day gets going to say, I am making the choice today to give You my best…my best speech, time, attitude and service. I don’t know what specifically that will mean today. I don’t know what situations I will face, but I will endeavor to give You my best no matter what comes my way today…

Lord, help me to make this an everyday lifestyle, because You…Lord, Savior, Redeemer, Creator, Sustainer… deserve my best every day and in every way… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment