Monday, June 24: Leviticus 27– Devoting things to the Lord…

I don’t have a concept of devoting things to the Lord. I think I understand the tithe, giving the first 10% of the fruits of my labor to the Lord. But all this other dedicating of things to the Lord, this isn’t a concept that is in my world. I am trying to get my head around it.
These devoted things are additional life-items that people devoted or gave to the Lord, which appear to express zeal and love for God.
When was the last time I responded with a special gift for God, which grew simply out of my love for the Lord? I don’t know if I have ever done this. I have responded to appeals from missionaries or others to support this or that worthy cause. But when was the last time I give something extra, something more, devote something I have to God out of love for God and nothing more?
Wow, this has my thoughts and meditations spinning…
Lord, I am not even sure how to pray right now… it seems a hole in my heart has been exposed. As I sit here this morning, it seems I have learned the ‘duty’ aspect of giving/service/devotion, but it seems I have fallen short in the love department.
Help me to steep in this meditation for a while, Lord…

To Your honor and glory I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment