Friday, June 7: Leviticus 13– God is protecting His people from realistically potential harm…

I realized yesterday that one function of the Levitical laws was for the establishing of a nation. Today’s infectious skin diseases and mildew laws seem to be for the good of the people more than for religious reasons.
My son wrestles and skin diseases are a HUGE issue. They disinfect the mats daily and have the boys shower with antibacterial soap daily. And if any boy gets a skin rash he cannot wrestle until he gets a note from a doctor saying he is no longer infectious. Every year boys are disqualified from the state wrestling tournament because of skin rashes. Skin diseases spread like wildfire among wrestlers.
The wrestling rules caused me to understand the wisdom of this chapter. A people could be easily ravaged by skin infections if the rashes are not controlled.
The same goes for mildew.  How cautious are we when it comes to mold? Can’t sell a house if it has mold.
So even though I find this chapter tedious, I see the wisdom of God. God is protecting His people from realistically potential harm.
Now there is a line that blesses my heart. God is protecting His people from realistically potential harm.
As I think about the Lord, He is still in that business… protecting His people from potential harm. Do I always listen to his warnings? No! But that doesn’t stop God from warning me, in His Word and through His Spirit, as I walk with Him through daily life!
Lord, as this thought fills my conscious mind, my heart rises in praise and thanks to You and for You. You save. You protect. You warn. You care. Thank You, Lord. I bless You, Lord. I honor and adore You, Lord. Through Jesus, my Savior, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment