Monday, July 8: Hebrews 12– Struggle to the death if need be…

Dealing with the sin in my life is a constant struggle. Verse 4 jumped off the page as I was reading… In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.  How much might the struggle with sin cost me? How far does God want me to go in resisting sin and in training my life for godliness? ALL THE WAY.
In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
I am to resist sin and its entanglements to the point of death if need be?! The answer appears to be YES.
I have never thought of my battle against sin in these terms and this verse hits me hard. I am feeling like I give so little toward maintaining my faith when I read this verse…

Lord, help me deal with false guilt.  Help me to ramp up my willingness to serve, work, even suffer for You, for the sake of Your kingdom and for the training of my life in holiness. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment