Thursday, August 15: Numbers 16– Validating Lordship…

At its heart, the uprising in the desert was against the Lord and His leadership design for Israel. It was not ultimately against Moses and Aaron.  The rebelling people were attempting to change what the Lord had established. Verse 11 confirms this. It is against the LORD that you and all your followers have banded together. Who is Aaron that you should grumble against him?"
The Lord understood that this challenge to His rule and reign is about Lordship so He wasted no time in setting this rebellion down. In dramatic ways the Lord showed HE was in control.
There are only a few instances like this in Scripture. Ananias & Sapphire in Acts 5 come to mind. These are times when the Lord chooses to validate His Lordship over His people in a highly visible manner.
I am thankful that demonstrations like this are not common in Scripture. Yet, at the same time, having these in the Bible stands as a reminder that the Lord God is in absolute control whether He chooses to demonstrate it or not.
My meditations and prayer today are that I would learn from these scriptures and not require God to demonstrate this truth in dramatic ways before my eyes!
Oh, Lord God, You are the great and awesome God. You speak and all creation listens… seas part, grounds open up, the sun continues to shine, the seas calm. You speak and it happens.
Only humankind dares to rebel. Only we dare to say, ‘No, do it our way.’ Forgive us… forgive me, when in my own ways I say ‘no’ to You.
Lord, may I remain humble and You be exalted in and through my life. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment