Saturday, August 3: Numbers 6– God’s blessing…

Aaron and his sons are to speak this blessing over God’s people. "' "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace"' (24-26).
Bless and keep… shine upon and be gracious… look at you and give peace. Such is the blessing of God.
I took a mental journey through these doublets.
Bless and keep… As if the blessing of God wasn’t enough, God will keep us. Keep, watch over, protect, guard, own, care for… all these synonyms came to mind. Oh, the wonder of God keeping us!
Make His face shine upon and be gracious to… I see a broad smile growing on God’s face as He makes his face shine upon us. Pleased to see us, delighted in us… wow! And add to that God’s grace lavishing us. Amazing!
Turn His face to us and give us peace… I see myself moving through a crowd and God catches my eye as He follows me and smiles. A wink, a nod, I am watching over you. I am caring for you. And then on top of all this, God grants peace. Peace within the human soul, and peace without with others.
This is a blessing of extraordinary value. This is God’s gift. This is the blessing the priests of God were directed to speak over the people of God.
Thank you, Lord. Now may I translate your blessing into a blessing to others in Your name? Thanks be to God! May your kingdom advance… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment