Tuesday, August 6: Numbers 8–Setting apart…

I found myself thinking about the rituals used to set apart the Levites, the washing and shaving, the offerings and the ceremony. After a while I found myself thinking about being ‘set apart’, what it must have been like for the Levites to be set apart and all that it entailed. What an incredibly special event. And from that day forward they belonged to the Lord and literally worked for Him in that work of the Tabernacle.
As I began to ponder what connection all this had to me and what word from the Lord there was for me today, I connected the ‘setting apart ritual’ of the Levites to baptism. In baptism we are set apart for the Lord. We are ‘washed’ clean. We die to self and are raised with Christ. We are owned by God and are set apart for His work in the world.
The symbolism connections were fascinating.
I began to ask myself, am I laboring for the Lord? Am I dedicated to Him and His work in the world… reaching the nations with the love and gospel of Christ?
Am I? Are you?
Ponder this…
Lord, may Your name be proclaimed great in all the world and may I labor to that end all the days of my life. Lord God --Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit-- great is Your name and most worthy to be praises. Praise of You is more that words of my lips, it is the work of my hands, the thoughts of my mind, the drive of my heart. Oh, Lord, may all of these be bent on praising You. Alleluia. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment